Tuesday, October 29, 2013

ELA Schedule Explained

If you are still trying to get a handle on how your literacy block might look, here is an explained example for you to look at. If you would like to see some other options, visit the
K-6 page!

As a classroom teacher I not only planned when my groups met, but I planned what my other students were going to do during those times. Knowing how essential it was for them to Read to Self every day and write about their reading, those were my priorities. I also tried to build in as much time to partner read and talk about their reading as possible. After all, oral language and vocabulary development are directly tied to how much time a student has to talk to others. Here is what the days would look like based on the schedule above.



No comments:

Post a Comment